Our contact details
Name: Boo and Mi at Home
Address: 12 Warwick Close, Heaton Chapel, Stockport, SK4 4NH
Phone Number: 07876222056
Boo and Mi at Home are committed to safeguarding your information and this policy applies to any interaction you have with Boo and Mi at Home.
The type of personal information we collect:
We collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name, address, telephone number and email address)
- Our web server automatically collects anonymous information about you and your computer. This may include your location, how you accessed the website, how long you viewed the site and the number and type of page views you make while you were with us.
The third parties we use for managing transactions will need the following information.
- Transaction details including billing address and card payment details
- Transaction history
Boo and Mi at Home do not retain any information related to transactions or transaction history. Please refer to the relevant third party policies on their website for further information. Any refunds will be paid directly to you from our Monzo bank account.
How we get the personal information:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- The purchase of items from our site.
- Registering an account on our site.
- Entering the website and viewing items
- When you consent to cookies / analytics on our site.
- When you sign up for our mailing list
- When you register you interest in being alerted when products come back into stock.
- When you interact with Boo and Mi at Home on social media
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We also use Google Analytics to provide us with key information regarding how the website is accessed and utilised. This will generate data to help us improve user experience and the quality of the website. Any information analysed by Google analytics is not used for direct marketing and further information can be found at:
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
If you choose to engage with Boo and Mi at Home on social media via joining or following one of our pages you are consenting to interaction and marketing via this medium.
If you choose to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Instagram or Facebook these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory. For details of social networks privacy policies, see below.
Boo and Mi at Home will use your information for the following reasons:
- Management of the website
- Process any purchases and transactions you entered into with us including collection of any payments from you
- Send essential contact information to registered delivery agencies such as name, address and telephone number.
- Forward any statements and invoices to you,
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business and specific product lines or promotions by email if you have requested to be included on our mailing list.
- To inform you of any issues which may have occurred in relation to your interaction with Boo and Mi at Home such as delays in delivery of your purchased products.
- To communicate with you regarding with any specific enquiries you have sent to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- To address any complaints you may have relating to your experience with Boo and Mi at Home including product quality, returns, damages or issues related to the website.
- Boo and Mi at Home may be required to share this with law enforcement agencies in the prevention of fraud.
We will never sell or trade any of your information to any third party. However we may be required to provide some limited information to third parties to ensure completion of transactions through the website or on provision of any agreed interactions we have with you.
- Delivery agencies in regards to fulfillment of purchases
- Credit card or banking transactions in relation to orders you place.
- Email marketing
These third parties are, at all times, required to comply with the UK GDPR rules and as such are prevented from using or disclosing any information for any purposes other than providing the agreed services. Each company we use also have individual privacy policies which can be viewed on their respective websites.
For payment purposes we use:
Paypal are a widely known platform who provide secure payment options using a credit card or bank account.
Further information can be found at https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
Stripe is a well established payment merchant who manage online credit and debit card transactions on our website. They work with millions of companies in over 120 countries from start up businesses like Boo and Mi at Home to some of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world.
For further information please refer to https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
For delivery purposes we use
For email marketing we use:
Mail chimp is a email marketing platform which allows us to send our advertisement and update emails. Boo and Mi at Home will only communicate with you in this way if you have consented to this form of interaction.
How we store your personal information
Our website www.booandmiathome.com will be managed exclusively by Boo and Mi at Home and hosted by Big Cartel. It is important to realise the internet is not always secure therefore any interactions, purchases or correspondence with Boo and Mi at Home should be made with acknowledgement of risk of unauthorised access or loss of personal information.
Our website host Big Cartel uses SSL, or “secure sockets layer,” for encryption. SSL is security encryption technology used on lots of websites to prevent individuals stealing or intercepting information submitted via online forms. This is demonstrated by the web address prefix of https:// and/or the padlock icon. If this is missing we advise you to stop any transactions and inform us immediately via email@example.com.
Any transactions managed by the third party providers and any information provided will be secure and encrypted in line with their individual security arrangements.
For the prevention of fraud and crime we may share your information with a law enforcement body when we are required to do so.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the completion of the required actions. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes as required by law for example tax purposes. This is usually a maximum of six years and after which all data will be permanently deleted from our website. If you have consented to retention of information to allow for future correspondence you can opt out of this at any time by informing us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
For more information regarding these right please visit https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07876222056 if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can let us know at email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk